Tenant Features - Register and use brightLET for FREE!
With brightLET, you can build a profile for potential landlords to see. Your profile includes references, information about previous landlords, and a list of guarantors - all of which support your application and make you a valuable tenant.
As a tenant creating your profile is significant, as it eliminates the need to complete multiple applications in your search for a new home. Just fill it out once and then search for homes or flats that suit your needs. Your profile serves as your application, saving you time and money.
Create your FREE profile and complete your renting requirements
We will notify you of any properties that suit your requirements
You can search and check out our advertised properties
To give you peace of mind, brightLET will let you know if the landlord is registered to a Private Landlord Licensing Scheme or a member of an Association or Organisation that follows a code of practice
To give you added peace of mind, you will have access to the landlords' profile where you can view previous tenant testimonials or feedbacks, for you to read and make an informed decision
Landlord using brightLET
If your landlord manages and subscribes through our platform, for your ease brightLET can offer the following:
- Arrange a date/time to view the potential property
- Send you the tenancy agreement for your approval
- Receive an e-signed tenancy agreement signed by all parties via email
- We can register your deposit with a Deposit Protection Scheme
- Your own personalised dashboard with everything relating to your tenancy in one easy to access place
- A secure virtual cabinet where you and your landlord can view your tenancy agreement, certificates and inventory/inspection reports relating to the property
- We will notify you and your landlord when legally required certificates are due to expire
- You can approve inventory check-in and inspection reports sent by your landlord
- Your own message centre that will keep track of your communication with your landlord online
- Receive notifications of important appointments from your landlord
- Keep track of your rent payments
- Report any maintenance issues directly to your landlord
- Arrange availability for tradesperson to fix any maintenance issues - you can offer up to 3 dates and times that suit you
- Review and give feedback to your landlord on any maintenance jobs
- Download an audit trail and history of your tenancy, including a timeline
- Securely share important documents with your Landlord
- There may be a one off reference fee charge of £19.99 and is at the landlords discretion. Some landlords will not require a reference check and others will be happy to pay the cost themselves.
Landlord NOT using brightLET
Why not recommend brightLET or share our link with your landlord and protect yourself from the following potential risks:
- All communication and activities are offline so there is no trail of communication between yourself and the landlord. In the event of a dispute having evidence of communication will support any arbitrary judgements.
- Your landlord may have issues paying your deposit back and may deduct unnecessary fees if you do not have an inventory report in place
- You may move into a property and realise it is not legally compliant or as described but you have paid the first months rent in advance.
- It can be hard to stay on top of and organised with paperwork. You may lose or forget where you have placed important documents such as the tenancy agreement, certificates and inventory/inspection reports.
- For privacy reasons you may not want to receive phone calls from your landlord at random times regarding inspecting the property
- You could be charged for referencing fees of up to £300.